Some 16,000 people entered the various events - the 5K, half and full marathons and relays - in the ING Hartford Marathon that took place on a brisk Saturday morning.
Abiyot Endale won the 26.2-mile race in a record time of 2:15.35.
To call the event the “Hartford” Marathon is a bit disingenuous, however, as the full course wends its way through three municipalities - its namesake, East Hartford and South Windsor.
People from all over the region turned out in force on Main Street in South Windsor to take in the sights and cheer on friends and family members.
Patch has compiled a list of the top male and female finishers in the marathon from each town Patch serves in north central Connecticut:
- Avon - Jeffrey McDermott, Maddy Yopchick
- Canton - Thomas Ksiazkiewicz, Kathleen Magna
- East Granby - Jonah Wellins, Kelly Reese
- East Windsor - David Cilley, Terri-Lynn Gidius
- Ellington - Kevin Vallez, Lynn Friedman
- Enfield - Morgan Anderstrom, Sara Garthwait
- Farmington - Kyle Sorensen, Wendy Ku
- Glastonbury - Michael Keenan, Jodi Ramanan
- Granby - Jeffrey Fleming, Jessica Kraiza
- Manchester - Stephen Belmore, Wendy Davis
- Mansfield - Jim Miner, no female
- Simsbury - Douglas Casey, Thea Cox
- Somers - Mark Erwin, no female
- South Windsor - Mitch Bielenda, Beth Esstman
- Storrs - Nicholas Ferron, Lynn Mardon
- Suffield - Timothy Grabowski, Gosia Baker
- Tolland - Matthew Maynes, Susan Janton
- Vernon - Jay Seney, Lyly Salisbury
- West Hartford - Pinhas Harel, Leslie St. Amant
- Windsor - John McDonnell, Judi Dague
- Windsor Locks - Kristopher Morin, Kathleen Snow