The 27.7-mile space that is Manchester is a virtual pie cut into uneven quarters when it comes to the number of representatives that act for this community of roughly 58,000 in Hartford.
And although there are four that stand for Manchester, among other communities, in the House Chambers, there is just one state senator that advocates on behalf of the Silk City.
On Tuesday, voters here will decide whether to return the incumbents to their respective seats, or put their trust in someone new. Here are the candidates from which they will choose:
- Candidates for 4th District State Senator are: Cheri Ann Pelletier and Steve Cassano.
- Candidates for 9th District State Representative are: Rudy Hrubala and Jason Rojas.
- Candidates for 11th District State Representative are: Thomas Ogar and Timothy Larson.
- Candidates for 12th District State Representative are: Timothy M. Devanney and Geoff Luxenberg.
- Candidates for 13th District State Representative are: Mark Tweedie and Joe Diminico.
For more information on the candidates please review the Manchester 2012 Election Guide or read the collection of election-related stories on Manchester Patch.