A 56-year old Manchester man was one of six people arrested by the Connecticut State Police after an extensive investigation conducted by the Computer Crimes Unit.
Steven Anthony Cerasoli, 56, of Manchester, who was charged on Feb. 5 with importation of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance. According to a press release from state police, Cerasoli was arrested following an investigation into possession and distribution of child pornography through the use of internet file sharing networks. Cerasloi also kept handwritten notes logs and notes of websites that contained child pornographic images, according to state police.
Cerasloi was arrested at his residence Tuesday afternoon and charged with importation of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance. He was released on a $50,000 surety bond and is due to appear in Manchester Superior Court on the charges on Feb. 19, 2013.
Each case was initiated by Troopers after developing information that led investigators to obtain search warrants for evidence in each case. Troopers then continued each separate criminal investigation.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
The five other suspects arrested Tuesday are:
- James Scott Bacon, 61, of Ledyard, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree.
- Joseph DosSantos, 41, of Gaylordsville (New Milford), who was charged on Feb. 4 with criminal attempt at impairing the morals of a minor, (two counts) and criminal attempt at enticement of a minor.
- Matthew Vicente, 26, of Simsbury, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.
- Frank Caciopoli, 51, of West Haven, who was charged on Feb. 5 with promoting a minor in an obscene performance and possession of child pornography in the third degree.
- Brian J. Hague, 33, of 38 South Beechwood Road, East Lyme, turned himself in to state police barracks, Troop E in Montville at 11 a.m. on Febuary 4, where he was arrested and charged with Possession of Child Pornography in the 1st degree.