, a 57-year old Manchester resident facing charges that he allegedly sexually assaulted two minors, with a third set of charges against a third minor victim still pending, had his case transferred to the judicial district courthouse in Hartford Wednesday, where more serious cases are handled.
Disipio, of 31 Delmont St., Manchester, is charged with first-degree sexual assault, fourth-degree sexual assault and illegal sexual contact with one of the victims, according to the state judiciary’s Web site, as well as three counts of fourth-degree sexual assault and three counts of illegal sexual contact with a second victim.
Disipio has been held on $500,000 since his April 14 arrest and as of Thursday was listed as an inmate of the MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield, according to the state Department of Correction’s website.
Sgt. John Maston of the Manchester Police Department said that Disipio was facing a third set of similar sexual assault charges against a third victim, also a minor, but that a clerical error prevented that warrant from being served when he appeared before a judge in Manchester on Wednesday.
Maston told Patch last month that Disipio was familiar with the victims and that the alleged assaults were not isolated instances. When asked, Maston said he could not comment if any other members of Disipio’s household were facing charges in any of the incidents but that police were still investigating.
Disipio has a prior conviction for fourth-degree sexual assault in 1995.
He is next scheduled to appear in court May 24.