It’s time for the 38th Annual Apple Harvest Festival!
This weekend, thousands will flock from all over the state this Saturday and Sunday to the festival grounds at the Riverfront Community Center, 300 Welles St., to celebrate the harvest with live music, craft booths, food, a pie-eating contest, and more. This year’s festival will also have a beer garden featuring Connecticut craft beer, wine and cider.
Patch will have a booth set up with free Patch swag, so come by and visit us!
For children, the festival will have a petting zoo with pony rides, goats and sheep, llamas and horses and a camel. A “Kidz Zone” also includes LEGO activity tables, hands-on arts and crafts, and a life-sized LEGO character.
The festival will take place from10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $5 per person, or $20 per family; children under three feet tall are admitted free. Free parking is located at 180-200 Glastonbury Boulevard, and shuttle buses will run to the festival grounds from 9:30 a.m. There is very limited handicapped parking at the site itself.
Here is a schedule of the event’s live entertainment:
Saturday, Oct. 13:
- Backbeat City Musical Theater: 10:30 - 11 a.m.
- Accelerated Fitness: 11 - 11:20 a.m.
- Glastonbury Dance Center: 11:30 - 11:50 a.m.
- Arthur Murray Dance: Waltz, ChaCha, Swing, Rumba: 11:50 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Pie Eating Championship, hosted by radio personality Brady from KISS 95.7: 12:15 - 1 p.m.
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness: 1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Fred Astaire Ball Room Dancing: 1:30 - 1:50 p.m.
- Chris MacKay and the ToneShifters: 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 14 :
- Singer/Songwriter Melissa Collins: 10 - 11 a.m.
- Fun & Fit Zumba: 11 - 11:20 a.m.
- Fuller Yoga and Pilates: 11:30 - 11:50 a.m.
- Krav Maga Self Defense: 12 - 12:20 p.m.
- The Amazing Bicycle Wheel by Bicycles East: 12:30 - 12:50 p.m.
- Apple Pie Bake Off Winners presentation, hosted by radio personality "Prolific" from The River 105.9: 1:30 - 1:45 p.m.
- Glastonbury High School choir: 1:45 - 2:15 p.m.
- Villari's Karate: 2 - 2:20 p.m.
- Run for Cover Band: 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.