A fire that began late Saturday evening in a building on Main Street was still smouldering Sunday morning as firefighters remained on the scene and a pair of local business owners could be left to face devastating consequences.
The fire was first reported late Saturday evening in the building that houses the Great Harvest Bread Co.,809 Main St., and Connecticut Valley Coin, 805 Main St.
As of about 10 a.m. Sunday morning, both businesses appeared almost entirely burnt out, while firefighters remained on the scene sifting through debris. The neighboring Manchester Mall building may have also sustained water damage.
The Hartford Courant reports that the fire started in the basement of Great Harvest Bread Co. around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013.